- Canada’s Songs Bring Heritage to Life with New Online Education Program from Magic Lantern Media Inc. in collaboration with the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame (09/23/2014)
- Magic Lantern Media Adds BBC Titles to its Canadian Distribution Catalogue (09/09/2014)
- NEW 2014 - Brand NEW titles now on Access Learning (02/06/2014)
- Jobs People Do Inc. Launches New Resources for Elementary Students and Teachers (10/23/2013)
- Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame and Magic Lantern Media bring the soul of a nation to the classroom (07/15/2013)
- New Content Added for 2013 (03/01/2013)
- Magic Lantern Media Inc. Launches AccessSTEM in Canada and Signs Definitive Agreement with Defined Learning Inc. (01/17/2013)
- Access Learning Welcomes Over 10,000 Educational Users from Atlantic Canada (10/01/2012)
- ERAC includes 'Access Learning' for BC Digital Classroom Resources (08/09/2012)
- Distribution Access Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Jobs People Do Inc. (12/30/2011)
- Distribution Access Adds In-App Purchase of Videos to their Free iTunes App (09/13/2011)
- Distribution Access Launches Three New Video Apps now available on iTunes (03/17/2011)
- Canadian Geographic Kids Explore Canada (05/11/2010)
- Science and The City with Alan Nursall (05/11/2010)
- Daily Planet Chooses Access Learning (12/15/2009)
- Intelecom's Best Now Included (12/15/2009)
- Next Generation of Educational Video Delivery Now In Canada (12/15/2009)
Magic Lantern Media Inc. Launches AccessSTEM in Canada and Signs Definitive Agreement with Defined Learning Inc.
Toronto – January 16, 2013 - Magic Lantern Media Inc., has signed a definitive agreement with Defined Learning Inc. to bring a Canadian version of DefinedSTEM into Canada under the brand AccessSTEM bringing relevance to life for Canadian students with project-based learning in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
Defined STEM combines a unique set of real-world themed resources to create a 21st century learning platform. The curriculum aligned performance tasks, literacy tasks, and real-world video enable students to see the relevance of K-12 topics through real-world careers and themes.
"AccessSTEM is a way of fostering learning, curiosity and innovation and improving the performance of our young people in the areas of STEM. Canada's innovation and entrepreneurial future depends on this kind of learning." said Doug Connolly, President of Magic Lantern Media, “This unique learning platform compliments our career site, JobsPeopleDo.com, acquired in 2012.”
Johnjoe Farragher, President of Defined Learning states " We are pleased to partner with Magic Lantern Media, the leader in Canadian educational distribution, to provide AccessSTEM resources that allow students to apply concepts in simulated real-world scenarios, preparing them for 21st century careers and meeting the needs
of Canada’s economic future."
Defined Learning Inc. has a team that brings over 50 years of experience in education, technology, and curriculum development. Winning numerous awards over the years for technology and curriculum development, the Defined STEM system has proven results engaging students and transforming STEM education. In just a few short years, DefinedSTEM has become the leader in providing simulated real-world
opportunities for students to practice and apply the knowledge learned in the classroom.
Magic Lantern Media is a leading Canadian multi-media company integrating distribution, production, television and digital applications serving the education and broadcast industries. The company operates from offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Saint John, NB, with over 50 agents and representatives worldwide.
For more information contact: