- Canada’s Songs Bring Heritage to Life with New Online Education Program from Magic Lantern Media Inc. in collaboration with the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame (09/23/2014)
- Magic Lantern Media Adds BBC Titles to its Canadian Distribution Catalogue (09/09/2014)
- NEW 2014 - Brand NEW titles now on Access Learning (02/06/2014)
- Jobs People Do Inc. Launches New Resources for Elementary Students and Teachers (10/23/2013)
- Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame and Magic Lantern Media bring the soul of a nation to the classroom (07/15/2013)
- New Content Added for 2013 (03/01/2013)
- Magic Lantern Media Inc. Launches AccessSTEM in Canada and Signs Definitive Agreement with Defined Learning Inc. (01/17/2013)
- Access Learning Welcomes Over 10,000 Educational Users from Atlantic Canada (10/01/2012)
- ERAC includes 'Access Learning' for BC Digital Classroom Resources (08/09/2012)
- Distribution Access Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Jobs People Do Inc. (12/30/2011)
- Distribution Access Adds In-App Purchase of Videos to their Free iTunes App (09/13/2011)
- Distribution Access Launches Three New Video Apps now available on iTunes (03/17/2011)
- Canadian Geographic Kids Explore Canada (05/11/2010)
- Science and The City with Alan Nursall (05/11/2010)
- Daily Planet Chooses Access Learning (12/15/2009)
- Intelecom's Best Now Included (12/15/2009)
- Next Generation of Educational Video Delivery Now In Canada (12/15/2009)
TORONTO, Dec. 8, 2011 /CNW/ - Distribution Access, Canada's leading distributor of educational video content to schools and students announced today the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire a controlling interest of Jobs People Do Inc. The jobspeopledo.com web destination is currently used by thousands of students, parents and guidance counsellors across the country. The service helps identify career paths and provides over 500 video vignettes and job profiles to assist students in making career choices and selecting appropriate courses of study to help them achieve their goals.
"This new acquisition enhances our service offerings to the education community while adding significant value to our accesslearning.com subscription service currently being licensed by thousands of schools coast to coast" says Doug Connolly, President of the Distribution Access Group. "We will bring significant new content to the 'Jobs People Do' site along with added functionality and value for students and counsellors providing career guidance to them."
In addition to job profiles supported by video, 'Jobs People Do' features links to post-secondary institutions offering related programs, career quizzes, resources on interview skills and aptitude exercises for kids asking "What can I be?" along with helpful tools for building resumes and much more.
Creator, Gale Blaylock says "The strength and reputation of Distribution Access with their experience and record of exemplary service to schools in Canada will help bring 'Jobs People Do' to the next level." She also adds, "kids need to be engaged in an interesting way for them to start early in recognizing their abilities and passions in order to choose a successful path, Jobs People Do will help guide them on that journey."
'Jobs People Do' will be offered as a low-cost subscription service for schools and provide a 30 day free trial period. Brad Schroeder, of Distribution Access will become the Managing Director of the subsidiary while Gale Blaylock will remain as Director of Content.
About Distribution Access:
Since 1997, Distribution Access has been providing schools, libraries, businesses, community organizations and life-long learners with award-winning multi-platform productions on a wide variety of subjects. The company operates from offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Saint John, NB, with over 50 agents and representatives worldwide.
About Jobs People Do:
The JobsPeopleDo.com website is designed for the 1.8 million plus Canadian students, ages 12-18 that are required to identify career choices that interest them, and select the appropriate academic requirements needed for a career in that chosen field.
For further information, please contact us Toll Free at 1.800.665.4121 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.